What is Lymphatic Drainage massage?
MLD (manual lymph drainage) is a modality specifically designed to detoxify your tissues and boost your immune system by stimulating the flow of lymph fluid in the lymph vessels located directly underneath the skin. These vessels are extremely delicate, so the pressure used is very light - approximately the same pressure you'd feel if you placed a nickel on your skin.
The reason for the light touch is that if you apply too much pressure, you will cause the vessel to collapse and the lymph fluid will not be allowed to move through the vessel network. The feather-touch pressure can be incredibly relaxing, but in MLD there are no long deep strokes that you associate with "regular" massage. For more detailed information on the lymphatic system, click here.
This is the structure of a lymph capillary. As you can see, the waste-containing fluid from the tissues enters the capillary through overlapping flaps of epithelial cells. What manual lymphatic drainage does is physically cause the capillary flaps to open, creating a negative pressure inside the lymph capillary, which causes the tissue fluid to be drawn in, greatly increasing the body's normal rate of lymphatic flow.
The subtle manual maneuvers of MLD not only increase lymphatic circulation, but also stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system, causing a profound sense of relaxation.
The benefits of receiving lymphatic drainage massage from a trained professional are:
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of various origins
- Post-surgery healing and prevention of fluid build-up in traumatized tissues
- Detoxification of the body
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds and wrinkles
- Anti-aging effects
- Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis and otitis
- Relief of chronic pain
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle hypertonus and some forms of constipation
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
- Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite tissue
Mobile Massage Pricing for Orange & Seminole Counties:
30 min $45 (limited travel area or minimum 2 massages)
45 min $60 (limited travel area or minimum 2 massages)
60 min $75
90 min $105
120 min $150